Hyaluronic Acid. Sounds scary, but secretly holds the key to smooth, flawless and hydrated skin.
The term hyaluronic acid is everywhere from skincare adverts to the ingredients lists but do you really know what it is? How to use it? Or what the benefits are? “ACID” sounds scary and something that we wouldn’t want to put anywhere near our faces! However what if we told you it holds the key to smooth, flawless, plump and hydrated skin?
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Our own skin cells produce Hyaluronic Acid naturally in a bid to maintain our moisture levels. However those levels decline due to ageing, environmental aggressors and other internal and external factors we deal with on a daily basis.
Cue sensitivity, dullness, fine lines and uneven skin tone and texture as a result.
The substance works as a magnet for moisture, helping your cells retain as much of it as possible so that your skin feels and appears hydrated, plump and healthy.
Topically applied, it helps to hydrate the skin and maintain this hydration as a humectant (a substance used to reduce the loss of moisture).
Now were going to get a tiny bit science-y. Just a single gram of Hyaluronic Acid has the impressive ability to hold up to six litres of water. In addition it has a super smart ability to regulate that moisture within the cells, so as not to drown them! Now you’ve got one genius ingredient!
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid?
- When the skin is sufficiently hydrated, it feels super-soft, plump and pillowy and looks so much more radiant.
- Hydrated skin ensures a long lasting sin kissed glow after holidays as dry skin burns and loses a colour quicker.
- When skin is hydrated, lines and wrinkles (even the deeper ones) appear diminished, so it is a great ingredient for those with ageing skin who are desperate to cling on to their youthful perkiness.
- It works wonders on everyone, even sensitive or breakout-prone skin, as well as those with an oily complexion.
- Recent research suggests that Hyaluronic Acid also has antioxidant properties. Which means it can act like a shield against free radicals we aren’t in control of, for instance pollution and other aggressors.
Is Hyaluronic Acid safe?
Yes it is! Don’t be put off by the name, because, unlike some acids, Hyaluronic Acid doesn’t strip the skin or need any downtime when applied topically.
Why is it called an acid if it doesn’t exfoliate the skin?
Even though it’s called an ‘acid’, HA is the complete opposite of glycolic, lactic and salicylic acids, and won’t exfoliate dead skin cells. The name simply derives from the enzyme that synthesises HA, called ‘hyaluronic acid synthase’.
How do I know if my skin needs Hyaluronic Acid?
Although all skin types can benefit from HA, ageing and dehydrated skin will greatly notice these benefits.
Ageing – As we age, the amount of Hyaluronic Acid our skin cells produce begins to lessen and cell turnover can become sluggish. As a result fine lines, wrinkles and rough texture tend to make their debut. Therefore, if you want to maintain that youthful glow, incorporating Hyaluronic Acid into your anti-ageing skincare routine is definitely a good idea.
Dehydrated skin – Different to dry skin, dehydrated skin lacks moisture, can be peppered with lines and wrinkles and has the tendency to look dull. It also often feels rough, tight and sensitive which is where Hyaluronic Acid comes in. It is exceptional as it has the ability to hold up to 1000 times its weight in water. Therefore it keeps moisture on lock-down, quenching parched patches instantly and cumulatively throughout the day.
Products and treatments containing Hyaluronic Acid
Yon-Ka Paris have their own HYDRA No1 range that includes three products that all include Hyaluronic Acid.
HYDRA No1 Creme
This cream quenches, nourishes and repairs very dehydrated dry skins and protects them against external factors. The complexion is left radiant, the skin is plumped, smoothed and looks visibly younger:
- Smooths dehydration fine lines and leaves the skin feeling more supple.
- Repairing action due to the grape seed, essential fatty acids, hazelnut, shea butter.
- Preventive action of the hyaluronic acid on the signs of ageing.
- Smoothing and antioxidant actions of vitamins A, C and E.
- Soothing effect of vitamin B5 on the skin, and relaxing effect of the combination of the essential oils of rose, chamomile, jasmine and the Yon-Ka Quintessence.
HYDRA No1 Serum
This serum is a creamy and quenching gel that nourishes very dry and dehydrated skins. Thanks to actives such as imperata cylindrica, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and vegetal glycerin. According to your skin type you may use it with HYDRA N°1 Crème (above) or HYDRA N°1 FLUIDE (below) for immediate and prolonged hydration. Quickly absorbed, this gel allows the skin to replenish its inner moisture. Restructuring and redensifying hyaluronic acid and silicon are combined with vitamins A, C and E for their antioxidant and smoothing properties.
HYDRA No1 Fluid
Thanks to high-weight hyaluronic acid, imperata cylindrica, aloe vera and vegetal glycerin, this matifying fluid brings immediate and long-lasting intense hydration. The skin is plumped, revived, supple, soft and radiant. As well as nourished and resourced, the skin is velvety supple and appears visibly younger. As a result the dehydration fine lines are smoothed. Its plus:
- A non-oily texture, quickly absorbed suitable for combination skins, thanks to matifying micro-beads of silica.
- Re-densifying low molecular-weight hyaluronic acid associate with vitamins A, C and E, antioxidant and smoothing, to help prevent the signs of aging on the skin.
Yon-Ka Hydralessence Facial
Intensive moisturizing, refreshing and rejuvenating treatment – 60 min
A hyaluronic infused mask with vapor bath.
A targeted hydration massage for face, neck and decollete.
The Hydralessence Facial is a high-performance treatment that will quickly help to restore the skins balance, suppleness, and softness. It includes a hyaluronic infused mask with vapor bath. A targeted hyaluronic infused hydration massage for face, neck and decollete. As a result your skin is renewed, soothed, and re-balanced; softness and beauty are restored. Choose Hydralessence year-round, as soon as your skin starts showing symptoms of dehydration.
Yon-Ka Hydrasun Facial
An ultra-hydrating, refreshing facial for pre and post sun, repairing and lasting sun-kissed radiance – 60 min
The Hydrasun facial uses hyaluronic acid along with the powerful softening action of seaweed and fruit extracts to hydrate the skin to ensure a long-lasting sun kissed radiance. Because as we all know dry skin burns and also losses its sun kissed glow faster.
All of the above products and treatments are available at The Fountain of Beauty!
Check out prices for these facials HERE under Dry Skin Facial
Check us out on: